Job offers for research assistants
CRC 1053 MAKI – Multi-Mechanisms Adaptation for the Future Internet
What will the internet of the future look like? Which already known types of communication will remain, which new ones will have to be considered in addition? What additional challenges does the increasingly mobile use of the networks pose? To summarise: The challenge lies in a growing dynamism and range of variation in the framework conditions, in ever more diverse forms of use with constantly increasing quality demands and simple use of the variety of protocols. To meet this challenge, the Collaborative Research Centre 1053 “MAKI – Multi-Mechanisms Adaptation for the Future Internet”, funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG), is researching mechanisms in communication systems, their adaptation, interaction and ongoing optimisation as well as long-term further development.
The CRC MAKI is looking for several research assistants from January 2021 onwards, at the earliest possible point in time, who are highly committed in theory and practice and have a strong interest in shaping the Internet of the future with the aim of completing a doctorate.
We offer you:
- A creative and cooperative environment in a highly relevant field,
- Excellent technical equipment and a variety of opportunities to present your research results at international conferences,
- Opportunity to co-operate with excellent scientists at home and abroad in a large joint project,
- Comprehensive scientific support, e.g. in the planning and preparation of your publications.
Requirements for all:
- Excellent university degree (M.Sc.) in electrical engineering and information technology, computer science or other related disciplines corresponding to the projects listed below,
- High interest in scientific work,
- Ability and interest to work in an international research team,
- High commitment, ability to work independently and in a team.
The Technische Universität Darmstadt intends to increase the number of female employees and encourages female candidates to apply. In case of equal qualifications applicants with a degree of disability of at least 50 or equal will be given preference. Wages and salaries are according to the collective agreements on salary scales, which apply to the Technische Universität Darmstadt (TV-TU Darmstadt). Part-time employment is generally possible.
We are looking forward to receive your detailed application, consisting of a cover letter in which you describe your interest in research in the specified field and your strengths and main areas of interest, a curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and references. Please send one PDF-file with max. 10 MB stating the code-no. of the job offer, and the relevant subproject code to: email@example.com
For specific questions concerning the research projects please contact the respective supervisors. For general questions concerning your application please contact Dr. Michaela Bock, Managing Director CRC MAKI, Tel. +49 (0)6151/ 16-21022, firstname.lastname@example.org.