For the participation at
„Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing”
or “WE”, “Ditact”, “Informatica Feminale”, Ingeneurinnen-Sommeruni“,
or ”Ada Lovelace Festival"
With this award, the collaborative research centers and MAKI appreciate exceptionally well performances of female students in electrical engineering and information technology. The winners will be able to attend one of the listed conferences and thus offered an insight into science as well as networking opportunities. CROSSING
The following conferences are available:
- The “Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing” (2.-4.10.2019 in Orlando, Florida) is the world’s largest gathering of women technologists.
- The “WE” (7.-9.11.2019 in Anaheim, California) is the world’s largest conference and career fair for women in engineering and technology.
- The “Ditact” (19.-30.8.2019 in Salzburg, Austria) are summer studies for women in IT.
- The “Informatica Feminale” (12.-30.8.2019 in Bremen) is an international summer university in informatics.
- The “Ingenieurinnen-Sommeruni“ (12.-30.8.2019 in Bremen) is an international summer university and offers teachings in electrical engineering and mechanical engineering.
- The “Ada Lovelace Festival” (time and place tbd) is an event that brings together women from computer science and tech and celebrates diversity.
Please send your application (in German or English language) until Wed, May 1, 2019 to:
Dr. Karin Süß (Gender Equality Office, TU Darmstadt),
Apply with a letter of motivation, your CV, your personal performance summary (TUCan-Leistungsspiegel), a description of your connection or interest to MAKI’s and/or CROSSING’s field of research, and a ranked list of conferences you would be interested in. If you did not get an acknowledgment of receipt for your application by Fri, May 3, please contact us again.
(opens in new tab) Download information as PDF
We congratulate all the Awardees and wish them an exciting and enriching trip to the USA for the conferences “Grace Hopper” in Orlando/Florida and “WE” in Anaheim/California.