for the participation at
„Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing”-Konferenz
or „CrossFyre” or „Informatica Feminale“ or „Ingenieurinnen-Sommeruni“
With this award, the collaborative research centers and MAKI appreciate exceptionally well performances of female students in electrical engineering and information technology. The winners will be able to attend one of the listed conferences and thus offered an insight into science as well as networking opportunities. CROSSING
The following conferences are available:
- The “Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing” (26.-28.9.2018 in Houston,Texas) is the world`s largest gathering of women technologists.
- The Workshop “CrossFyre“ (13.-14.9.2018 in Surrey, UK) brings together female young researchers in cryptography, robustness and provably secure schemes to facilitate professional networking and exchange.
- The “Informatica Feminale” (6.-24.8.2018 in Bremen) is an international summer university in informatics. Every year, it offers compact courses in informatics/computer science for female students from all types of universities and colleges as well as for female professionals interested in further training.
- The “Ingenieurinnen-Sommeruni“ (6.-24.8.2018 in Bremen) is an international summer university and offers teachings in electrical engineering and mechanical engineering.
Please send your application until Thursday, May 1, 2018 to:
Dr. Karin Süß (Gender Equality Office, TU Darmstadt),
Apply with a motivational letter, your CV, your personal performance summery (TUCanLeistungsspiegel) and a description of your connection or interest to MAKI´s and/or CROSSING´s field of research. If you have not received an acknowledgment of receipt for your application by 2 May, please ask again.
(opens in new tab) Flyer
The selection committee is composed of the following persons:
- Stefanie Kettler
- Prof. Dr. Anja Klein
- Prof. Dr. Thomas Schneider
- Prof. Dr. Andy Schürr
- Dr. Karin Süß
- Dr. Zeynep Tuncer